In 2016 members of the Heritage Group undertook the creation of a 1916 Memorial Garden. It is situated at Killininny crossroads beside the R390 Athlone-Mullingar road.
The project involved the clearing and landscaping of a parcel of waste ground, after which two plaques were erected. One plaque contains the text of the 1916 Proclamation of the Irish Republic, while the second explains the purpose of the garden: to commemorate those from the parish ‘who served the cause of Irish freedom’ a century ago.
An unveiling ceremony took place at the garden in 2016. Since then, the garden has been well maintained by local volunteers.